Benjamin Moore Grand Entrance with Tinted Water Base Primer Bubbles

2 of 27 Benjamin Moore reviews

Update added by user Aug 05

I am a professional restoration specialist use Grand Entrance Benjamin Moore Paint all the time until using there water base primer.We used our primer epoxy based with no issues.

Now we do some church doors facing West no protection, this time we used Benjamin Moore Primer with tint because it was new wood and picky customers. The tint is required in the white primer because red deep base gloss color does not cover.

8 months later customer complains about bubbles on paint?

we should not have painted doors in our shop. Humidity to high in shop. Our shop humidity 55% Hmmm to high? and it would have been better outside.

In shop 65 to 75 degrees in the winter. Hmmm? The winter sometimes is chilly in September in Indiana. Warm heated shop was my fault.

Hmmm? Oh I paint horizontal too. Bad Boy! Instructed to always paint upright.

Pop Bubbles sand and proceed to paint one coat ...

All my fault.

To late customer now is taking it in there own hands and deducting a summly amount out of our check. Benjamin Moore Reps...King of Spin They gave me 3 quarts of paint.

Thank you Benjamin Moore.Louisville Kentucky Love the paint over our epoxy primers, painted horizontally in our climate controlled heated and air conditioned shop.

Original review posted by user Aug 04

I am a professional restoration specialist and I use Grand Entrance Benjamin Moore Paint all the time. Then I used their recommended water base primer. We always have used our primer epoxy based with no issues. Now we did some church doors facing West no protection, this time we used Benjamin Moore Primer with tint because it was new wood and picky customers. The tint is required in the white primer because red deep base gloss color does not cover well because Benjamin Moore pigments are transparent in darker colors.

8 months later customer complains about bubbles on paint?

We inspect and sure enough paint has bubbles down to the primer. We were told by Benjamin Moore rep. we should not have painted doors in our shop. Humidity would be to high in a shop. Our shop humidity 55% Hmmm to high? And it would have been better outside. In shop tempeture 65 to 75 degrees in the winter. Is that wrong, I guess ..Hmmm? The winter sometimes is chilly in September in Indiana. Warm heated shop was my fault. Hmmm? Oh I paint horizontal too. Bad Boy! Rep instructed to always paint upright.

Pop Bubbles sand and proceed to paint one coat ... Overcast sky 90's late afternoon come back 24 hours new bubbles from last coat over 8 month old paint. I sanded more bubbles and new bubbles repainted over again 94 degrees scattered clouds afternoon. More bubbles under new paint again. Now regional Benjamin Moore Rep comes by a week later and says all the Spin all over again do not paint exterior Grand Entrance paint below 45 degrees and never over 90 degrees, no sunlight and wait longer than recommended dry times and no more than 3 coats, never ever do that.

(3 coats don't cover recommended light colored or white primer) and vertical painting only and no high humidity ...blah! All my fault.

No one has ever had a problem with this paint and primer so it cannot be anyones fault but mine.. and I am sure it has to be I guess? Right?

To little to late customer now is taking it in there own hands and hired another painter deducting a summly amount out of our check.

Yes it still continues to bubble under unknown new paint and it will until all the original Aurora Grand Entrance High Gloss Deep Base paint and Fresh Start Water Base Primer is completely sanded off.

Benjamin Moore Reps...King of Spin

They gave me 3 quarts of paint. Thank you Benjamin Moore.

Louisville Kentucky

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2 of 27 Benjamin Moore reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.