Benjamin Moore Aura paint does not perform.

We are renovating a farmhouse in the Kingston ON area.We have been painting in stages.

We still have 1/3 of the house to do, as well as window frames, but we are finding the paint from the past two years is not staying on and that hairline cracks in pillars have reappeared despite being sealed and sanded. Given the time and effort we put into scraping, sanding and preping, we are very disappointed in what we were told was the top of the line paint at $80 a gallon. I had good results with BM in the past, but it was always oil based. We purchased from Kingston Paint the authorized dealer on Bath Road in Kingston.

Must say we are very disappointed in what we thought was a superior brand. Benjamin Moore suggested we contact dealer and dealer suggested we contact Benjamin Moore, a complete run around.

I am going to suggest you deal with neither unless you want to repaint every two years.Do NOT use Benjamin Moore.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Painting Service
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #532100 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Benjamin Moore? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 3 No 3
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 06 #1140141

We used Aura outdoor and have not had a problem. Looking at painting again 8 years later and going back to using Aura. Covered well and stills looks good.

0 0 Reply

Jan 03 #1088075

To me, it looks as you did a great prep job! However, the pictures show that the cracking paint is actually the wood cracking and not just the paint. Wood expands and contracts, and no paint will bridge that gap. Ever have a crack in out ceiling? I have used Aura, and it is a great product! I paid $53.99. That was the lowest price I found. Good Luck!

0 0 Reply

Nov 07, 2014 #896644 Seattle, Washington

Paint will not bride that crack. You need to fill with caulking for the paint to stand a chance. Its not the paints fault.

3 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.