We are renovating a farmhouse in the Kingston ON area.We have been painting in stages.

We still have 1/3 of the house to do, as well as window frames, but we are finding the paint from the past two years is not staying on and that hairline cracks in pillars have reappeared despite being sealed and sanded. Given the time and effort we put into scraping, sanding and preping, we are very disappointed in what we were told was the top of the line paint at $80 a gallon. I had good results with BM in the past, but it was always oil based. We purchased from Kingston Paint the authorized dealer on Bath Road in Kingston.

Must say we are very disappointed in what we thought was a superior brand. Benjamin Moore suggested we contact dealer and dealer suggested we contact Benjamin Moore, a complete run around.

I am going to suggest you deal with neither unless you want to repaint every two years.Do NOT use Benjamin Moore.

Review about: Benjamin Moore Paint.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Benjamin Moore?

Comments

We used Aura outdoor and have not had a problem. Looking at painting again 8 years later and going back to using Aura. Covered well and stills looks good.

To me, it looks as you did a great prep job!However, the pictures show that the cracking paint is actually the wood cracking and not just the paint.

Wood expands and contracts, and no paint will bridge that gap. Ever have a crack in out ceiling? I have used Aura, and it is a great product! I paid $53.99.

That was the lowest price I found.Good Luck!

Seattle, Washington, United States #896644

Paint will not bride that crack. You need to fill with caulking for the paint to stand a chance. Its not the paints fault.